Jim & Ruth On Tour 06

This blog will contain updates on Jim and Ruths Tour to UK, Greece, Italy and the States through August and September

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 40

This morning we indulged in the classic Vegas buffet, at the Pharoahs Feast at our hotel, not being a big eater and wanting to get my money's worth I almost made my self sick eating eggs benedict, and omelette, sausages, bacon, toast, corn beef hash, spuds, a hash brown, 2 peices of toast, a bowl of fruit, and drinks. Ruth was more sensible. While Ruth went and hung by the pool, I braved the 100 degree temperatures and walked to the Aladdin to watch Mike Tyson train, for what I have no idea, but I turned up just after 12 and he was not there (was supposed to start at 11), but he did show up and threw a few punches then signed autographs and posed for photos, I just shook the stocky little, convicted felon's hand. I did get photos with his trainer Jeff Fenech (Aussie ex world champ) and here's a blast from the past, Jimmy Peau aka Jimmy Thunder aka James Thunder, I just saw him there watching and said hello to him. Met up with Ruth poolside for the rest of the avo.

As we'd hired a car today tonight we went cruising the Strip. We went over the Rio to watch a show over there and then went to the original Downtown Vegas to watch the Fremont Street Experience which is basically a light and laser show on the roof of the mall. Downtown is more old school and there is cheap booze down here too so there were plenty of wasted cats. We did some punting tonight too Ruth was pretty much even on the pokies and I was definitely down on the blackjack and roulette. Fyi Laura your bet on 00 did not come in, but damn it was close!

So that was our Vegas, hang on Ruth I think we forgot something, oh well the wedding will have to wait till next time, damn we just ran outta time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home