Jim & Ruth On Tour 06

This blog will contain updates on Jim and Ruths Tour to UK, Greece, Italy and the States through August and September

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Day 44

The countryside part of the Road Trip had basically finished after we hit Needles and we were definitely in the city now, mad drivers and all (saw some nut job almost take out a big rig). Anyways the LA traffic was not too bad and we snaked our way down Sunset Boulevard and onto Santa Monica Boulevard, I did a detour down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills for Ruth too, driving was much better than walking as it is quite hard to spend money there when driving. We finally hit the end of Route 66 and Pacific Ocean mid-morning. I said to Ruth we can do whatever she wants in LA as I'd been here a couple of times so our first stop was Venice Beach with all the local freakos (I fitted right in) where she indulged in some sun baking whilst I slept and got burnt. There seem to be heaps more homeless in LA than other places too, must be the better climate, they are more honest too as they ask for money for drugs not food. We checked into the Seashore Motel (misleading as it actually the next street back) and then hit the Santa Monica shops, they have a promenade down the middle of 3rd St in Santa Monica a la Cuba Mall, but hey they're all shops to me. I think we, I mean she shopped till way after dark. All in all Santa Monica is a really nice part of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home